Code of Conduct
While we’re all here to have fun and are pretty easy going folks, every successful organization or community has to have rules and regulations.
The following Code of Conduct will be used to govern all interactions between members of Resonance, whether in-game, Discord, IRL, or any other forum. It applies to all members without exception and with no regard to rank.
If any member of Resonance is found to be in violation of the following, guild leadership will convene to discuss and apply the appropriate disciplinary action. This will be dealt with on a case-by-case basis. Disciplinary actions include, but are not limited to, suspension from raid activity, disqualification from receiving M+ team rewards, demotion in rank, revocation of guild bank access, and expulsion from the guild.
- Respectfulness – All members of the guild will be respectful of each other and other players of the game at all times.
- Participation – We expect everyone in the guild to be online and contributing to the guild in some way on a reasonably regular basis. Part of what makes this game so great is that there are so many different things to do and different ways to enjoy your time online. You don’t have to be a raider, but you do have to make a contribution. Players who’ve been inactive for long periods of time will be removed unless the long-term absence has been authorized by guild leadership.
- Disagreements – Conflict is as inevitable in this game as it is in RL; however, we expect members to resolve disagreements amongst themselves in a civil manner. Guild leadership does not exist to resolve disputes. If a conflict is brought to leadership then it has already gone too far and appropriate disciplinary action may be taken.
- Loot Drama – There will be no raging or whining about loot trades. While we ask that all members, especially raiders, make decisions that benefit the guild as a whole, personal loot belongs to the player the game awards it to. If the game puts loot in your bags, you decide whether or not that loot gets traded. There is one exception to this rule: ALL BOE drops during raids go to the auction house to replenish guild gold reserves. If a guild member wishes to purchase a BOE, they may do so for half the lowest listed AH price. Priority is given to veteran raiders if multiple raiders are interested.
- Disruptive Behaviour in Game – Will absolutely not be tolerated. If you knowingly break Blizzard’s TOS/EULA, especially in a way that could negatively impact the guild or its members, or participate in abusive behavior towards other players, you will be removed from the guild.
- Language – I swear, you swear, we all swear. That’s not changing. There’s also no need to think you have to be politically correct at all times (unless you’re really into that), but there is absolutely no room in our guild for racist, sexist, homophobic, transphobic, or any other degrading, derogatory, or discriminatory language. Breach of this particular item of the code may result in immediate removal from the guild by any officer without necessitating further discussion by guild leadership.
- Politics/Religion – Feel free to share your beliefs and opinions within the limitations of items 1, 3, and 6. Political and religious chat is not permitted during organized guild activities such as raids and coordinated PVP.
- Feedback and Suggestions – Are always welcome at anytime. However, discretion and timing can go a long way. Use good judgment.